- 1 Who was nominated for best actor in 1980?
- 2 What films received an Oscar in the 1980s?
- 3 Who was nominated for 4 Oscars in 1981?
- 4 Which movie was nominated for an Academy Award 1980s?
- 5 Who won the Oscar for best actor in 1980 what film?
- 6 What movies were up for best picture in 1981?
- 7 Who won the most Oscars in the 80s?
- 8 Which movie had the most Oscar wins in the 80s?
- 9 What film won Best Picture 1981?
- 10 Has any film won all four acting Oscars?
- 11 Did Ronald Reagan win an Academy Award?
- 12 Who won best director in 1981 for Reds?
- 13 Who was the youngest actress to win an Oscar?
- 14 Who is the youngest person nominated for an Oscar?
- 15 Who was nominated for Best Actor in 1982?
Who was nominated for best actor in 1980?
Actor in a Leading Role
- Dustin Hoffman. Kramer vs. Kramer.
- Jack Lemmon. The China Syndrome.
- Al Pacino. …And Justice for All.
- Roy Scheider. All That Jazz.
- Peter Sellers. Being There.
What films received an Oscar in the 1980s?
Picture: “Chariots of Fire” Actor: Henry Fonda, “On Golden Pond”
Who was nominated for 4 Oscars in 1981?
Barbara Stanwyck — 4 nominations Stanwyck received the Academy Honorary Award for lifetime achievement in 1981.
Which movie was nominated for an Academy Award 1980s?
In 1985, Out of Africa beat such other great films as The Color Purple and Witness for the Best Picture trophy. Other good films on this top 1980s Oscar nominated movies list include Hannah and Her Sisters, Moonstruck, and Field of Dreams.
Who won the Oscar for best actor in 1980 what film?
Not surprisingly, three of the four acting awards (with asterisks) went to performers who had portrayed real people. Robert De Niro (with his fourth nomination and second Oscar win) finally won his first Best Actor Oscar in his fourth film with director Martin Scorsese.
What movies were up for best picture in 1981?
- Ordinary People. Ronald L. Schwary, Producer.
- Coal Miner’s Daughter. Bernard Schwartz, Producer.
- The Elephant Man. Jonathan Sanger, Producer.
- Raging Bull. Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff, Producers.
- Tess. Claude Berri, Producer; Timothy Burrill, Co-Producer.
Who won the most Oscars in the 80s?
|52nd Academy Awards|
|Best Picture||Kramer vs. Kramer|
|Most awards||Kramer vs. Kramer (5)|
|Most nominations||All That Jazz and Kramer vs. Kramer (9)|
|TV in the United States|
Which movie had the most Oscar wins in the 80s?
Movies Of The 1980s With The Most Oscar Wins, Ranked (According To IMDb)
- 8 Terms Of Endearment (1983) – 7.4.
- 7 The Last Emperor (1987) – 7.7.
- 6 E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) – 7.8.
- 5 Gandhi (1982) – 8.0.
- 4 Rain Man (1988) – 8.0.
- 3 Platoon (1986) – 8.1.
- 2 Amadeus (1984) – 8.3.
- 1 Raiders Of The Lost Ark (1981) – 8.4.
What film won Best Picture 1981?
|53rd Academy Awards|
|Best Picture||Ordinary People|
|Most awards||Ordinary People (4)|
|Most nominations||The Elephant Man and Raging Bull (8)|
|TV in the United States|
Has any film won all four acting Oscars?
As of the 93rd Academy Awards (2020), there have been fifteen films containing at least one nominated performance in each of the four Academy Award acting categories. No film has ever won all four awards.
Did Ronald Reagan win an Academy Award?
Not only did he never win an Oscar for his acting, but he actually played straight man to a monkey. The very idea of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences awarding an honorary Oscar to Ronald Reagan does not appear to have the slightest support from the Academy’s members.
Who won best director in 1981 for Reds?
Despite its political subject matter and limited promotion by Beatty, the film became the thirteenth highest grossing picture of 1981, grossing $40 million in the United States….Awards and nominations.
Who was the youngest actress to win an Oscar?
In 1974, at the young age of 10 years old, Tatum O’Neal was the youngest actress in Hollywood to win a competitive Oscar. She received the Academy Award for best supporting actress for her performance in the 1973 film, Paper Moon. The young actress starred in the film opposite her father, Ryan O’Neal and although the pair was known to have a tumultuous relationship off-screen, the duo shined on-screen.
Who is the youngest person nominated for an Oscar?
Quvenzhané Wallis holds the distinction of being the youngest person to ever be nominated for an Oscar, in any category! Quvenzhané was just nine-years-old when she was nominated for Best Actress…
Who was nominated for Best Actor in 1982?
Best Actor 1982: Paul Newman in The Verdict. Paul Newman received his sixth Oscar nomination for portraying Frank Galvin in The Verdict. I think the Verdict is a very well done court room drama, and personal character study, that I thought was a very emotionally effective film.