- 1 What is the dictionary meaning of Inter?
- 2 What is the difference between intra and inter?
- 3 What does Inter mean in anatomy?
- 4 What does the word Inter mean in medical terms?
What is the dictionary meaning of Inter?
1 : between : among : in the midst intercrop interpenetrate interstellar. 2 : reciprocal interrelation : reciprocally intermarry. 3 : located between interstation. 4 : carried on between international.
What is the difference between intra and inter?
Although they look similar, the prefix intra- means “within” (as in happening within a single thing), while the prefix inter- means “between” (as in happening between two things).
What is the scientific meaning of Inter?
A prefix meaning “between” or “among,” as in interplanetary, located between planets. The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary, Second Edition.
Is Inter a word in English?
The prefix inter- means “between.” This prefix appears in numerous English vocabulary words, such as Internet, interesting, and interview. An easy way to remember that the prefix inter- means “between” is through the word international, for international competitions occur “between” nations.
What does inter school mean?
: existing or occurring between schools an inter-school tournament interschool fund-raisers.
How do you use Inter in a sentence?
Inter in a Sentence 🔉
- We decided to inter my son’s dead bird near the apple tree.
- After we inter Jane’s body in her final resting place, we will gather at the house to share remembrances of her.
- Beth has plans to inter her husband in the sea when he dies.
What does Intraoffice mean?
Within a single office
Intraoffice meaning Within a single office.
How do you use an inter?
Using Inter in a Sentence When to use inter: Inter is a prefix that means between or among. It can also be a verb that means to bury a dead body in a grave. For example, International air travel is faster and easier than ever before.
What does Inter mean in anatomy?
Combining form meaning among, between.
What does the word Inter mean in medical terms?
inter- means: occurring between. Inter- Medical Term Mnemonic = inner-tube. Inter Prefix Meaning Mnemonic: occurring between = in the between.
Is Inter a prefix or suffix?
The prefix inter- means “between.” This prefix appears in numerous English vocabulary words, such as Internet, interesting, and interview.
What does the name Inter mean?
1. Between; among: international. 2. In the midst of; within: intertropical. 3. Mutual; mutually: interrelate. 4. Reciprocal; reciprocally: intermingle. [Middle English entre-, inter-, from Old French entre-, from Latin inter-, from inter; see en in Indo-European roots .]
What does Inter Inter mean?
1.Intra- means “within” or “inside”; inter- means “between.”. 2.The prefix intra- is used to form words which mean “within a single group”; the prefix inter- is used for forming words which mean “between two groups.”. About. Latest Posts.
What is the meaning of the root word inter?
inter-. a prefix occurring in loanwords from Latin, where it meant “between,” “among,” “in the midst of,” “mutually,” “reciprocally,” “together,” “during” (intercept; interest); on this model, used in the formation of compound words (intercom; interdepartmental).
What is another word for Inter?
Synonyms for inter. to place (a corpse) in or as if in a grave. Synonyms. bury. entomb. inhume. lay.