What is the charge Apple Com bill?
If you see ‘apple.com/bill’ on your billing statement Apple.com/bill appears on your billing statement when you buy an app, music, movie, or other content from Apple. It also appears when a subscription renews and when a family member buys apps or content from Apple.
How can I find out what Apple is charging me for?
See your purchase history on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases. You might be asked to sign in.
- Tap Purchase History.
- Your purchase history appears.
How do you cancel Apple Com bill?
Cancel Apple Music subscription on Android
- Open the Apple Music app on your Android phone.
- Select the menu icon.
- Tap on Account or your name to visit your account settings.
- Tap Manage Membership.
- Tap Cancel Subscription, then tap Confirm.
Why is Apple taking my money?
If you were charged by Apple for something there are a few possibilities: You purchased it from the app store (or subscribed to a service) and forgot you did. Someone you share your phone with purchased it from the app store. Someone you share your Apple ID with purchased it from the app store.
How do I contact Apple for charges?
Contact Apple Support
- U.S. technical support: (800) APL–CARE (800–275–2273)
- See all worldwide support telephone numbers.
- Contact a mobile carrier.
- Make a reservation at an Apple Retail Store Genius Bar.
- Beats support: (800) 442–4000 (U.S.) or see all worldwide support telephone numbers.
How do I contact Apple billing?
Please call 1-800-MY-APPLE and speak to an Apple Specialist for more information.
How do I contact Apple about unauthorized charges?
How to request a refund
- Go to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Tap or click “I’d like to.”
- Choose “Request a refund.”
- Choose the reason why you want a refund, then choose Next.
- Choose the item or items that you bought, then choose Submit.
How do I stop Apple from charging my card for storage?
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
- Tap Change Storage Plan.
- Tap Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password.
- Choose a different plan.
- Tap Done.
Why is Apple charging me 7.99 a month?
It could be something else from the iTunes Store, or App Store. See your purchase history for the App Store or iTunes Store – Apple Support. All items that are charged to your Apple ID account, will be specified in the purchase history, including subscription fees.
Now Apple is offering app amnesty. Last week, as part of an agreement with regulators following the settling of a 2011 class-action lawsuit, Apple began emailing customers letting them know they can request a refund for any unauthorized in-app purchases minors have made on their account.