- 1 What is Dentsply Cavitron?
- 2 How much does a new cavitron cost?
- 3 What is the difference between piezo and cavitron?
- 4 What is a cavitron plus?
- 5 Why is my cavitron leaking water?
- 6 Does a cavitron hurt?
- 7 Is a cavitron and ultrasonic scaler?
- 8 What is a Cavitron Select SPS?
- 9 Is Cavitron ultrasonic?
- 10 Is it safe to use cavitron with pacemaker?
- 11 Why does a cavitron get hot?
- 12 How do you fix a leaking cavitron?
- 13 How to get a Dentsply Cavitron ultrasonic inserts?
- 14 What are the warranty requirements for Cavitron inserts?
- 15 Can a Cavitron be used in a restorative dental procedure?
- 16 How to increase the life of a Cavitron insert?
What is Dentsply Cavitron?
Cavitron products have long been the leader in ultrasonic scaling units. The system features the exclusive Steri-Mate 360 rotating handpiece, designed to enable easy insert manipulation without the need to stop and make adjustments, allowing for effortless rotation of the ultrasonic insert during the scaling procedure.
How much does a new cavitron cost?
Some common price ranges for products of this type may include: Tips or inserts for under $100. Basic scaler models for under $500. Advanced scalers or full kits for over $1,000.
What is the difference between piezo and cavitron?
Magnetostrictive products, such as Dentsply’s Cavitron, have a linear or elliptical movement where all surfaces and sides are active. Whereas, with the Piezo scalers the tip movement is linear with just two sides being active.
What is a cavitron plus?
Cavitron Plus is an ultrasonic scaler that maintains the features of the original unit with the addition of Tap-On Technology, Turbo mode and finer water control. Tap-On Technology allows the operator to remove the foot from the pedal, avoiding the need for continuous, applied pressure.
Why is my cavitron leaking water?
Try plugging the water supply hose into an air source to blow out the dirt. If the leak persists, replace the regulator/solenoid assembly. Be sure the external hose filter is installed. Water leak from the handpiece while in operation.
Does a cavitron hurt?
Additionally, the patient said that when I use the Cavitron, it does not hurt at all, but when the other hygienist uses it, it is extremely painful. I use my Cavitron on low power with a steady, warm water drip which cuts down on sensitivity.
Is a cavitron and ultrasonic scaler?
What is a Cavitron? A Cavitron is a state-of-the-art ultrasonic scaling system used to clean teeth. The machine uses oscillating sound waves to produce gentle vibrations that vibrate plaque and tartar off the teeth. Once removed, a steady flow of water washes away the loosened debris.
What is a Cavitron Select SPS?
Cavitron Select SPS Technology (Sustained Performance System) automatically adjusts system power to maintain tip stroke regardless of clinical load and conditions. The extended low power range, bluezone, is designed for improved patient comfort.
Is Cavitron ultrasonic?
A Cavitron is a state-of-the-art ultrasonic scaling system used to clean teeth. The machine uses oscillating sound waves to produce gentle vibrations that vibrate plaque and tartar off the teeth. Once removed, a steady flow of water washes away the loosened debris.
Is it safe to use cavitron with pacemaker?
Magnetostrictive (Cavitron®) instruments may affect unipolar pacemakers, thus contraindicating their use. If the use of a magnetostrictive ultrasonic is prohibited, a sonic or piezoelectric instrument may be used as an adjunct to hand debridement.
Why does a cavitron get hot?
Lack of water flow is the most common cause of inserts and hand piece becoming hot during use.
How do you fix a leaking cavitron?
How to get a Dentsply Cavitron ultrasonic inserts?
Pour commander des inserts, appeler votre distributeur local DENTSPLY Professional ou appeler notre service clients au 1-800-989-8826 Pour commander des fiches d’indicateur d’efficacité pour les inserts Cavitron®, veuillez appeler le service à la clientèle de DENTSPLY Professional au 1-800-989-8826.
What are the warranty requirements for Cavitron inserts?
1) Inserts must not be subjected to abuse or improper use or application. 2) Inserts must not be subjected to abuse or improper cleaning, disinfection, or sterilization procedures. 3) Bending or reshaping the inserts will void the warranty. 4) Using inserts in units other than CAVITRON ultrasonic systems will void the warranty.
Can a Cavitron be used in a restorative dental procedure?
• Cavitron inserts should not be used for restorative dental procedures involving condensation of amalgam. WARNING • Tips with high usage which exceed the warranty period should be discarded to avoid possible in-use breakage and possible injury. PRECAUTIONS • Cavitron ultrasonic inserts are designed and tested for
How to increase the life of a Cavitron insert?
Before placing the insert into the handpiece, performing the following steps will increase the o-ring life on Cavitron inserts: Fill entire handpiece with water. Lubricate o-ring (black or green rubber material) with water. Gently twist the insert down into the handpiece until the insert is fully seated in place.