- 1 What errors to look for on dimes?
- 2 Is a 1957 dime worth anything?
- 3 How much is a 1957 d silver dime worth?
- 4 What is a Roosevelt reverse dime?
- 5 What year dimes are worth keeping?
- 6 What are the rarest dimes?
- 7 How much is a 1957 dime no mint mark worth?
- 8 Does a 1957 dime silver?
- 9 Why is Franklin D Roosevelt on the dime?
- 10 What president is on dime?
- 11 What dimes are collectible?
- 12 What dime is worth a million dollars?
- 13 What kind of errors are on a dime?
- 14 How much is a 1964d double die dime worth?
- 15 Who was the designer of the 1947 silver dime?
- 16 What’s the value of a no proof dime?
What errors to look for on dimes?
Roosevelt Dime Errors List
- 1982P–This recognized mint error coin missing the P mint mark, is considered to be the most valuable Roosevelt dime ever to be released into circulation.
- 1964D–This recognized mint error dime exhibits double striking of the die on the reverse side.
Is a 1957 dime worth anything?
CoinTrackers.com has estimated the 1957 Roosevelt Dime value at an average of $2.00, one in certified mint state (MS+) could be worth $35.
How much is a 1957 d silver dime worth?
CoinTrackers.com has estimated the 1957 D Roosevelt Dime value at an average of $2.00, one in certified mint state (MS+) could be worth $17.
What is a Roosevelt reverse dime?
Mint first issued this design in 1946, soon after the death of President Franklin D. Roosevelt. The Mint released it on January 30 of that year to honor his birthday. The obverse (heads) shows Roosevelt’s profile. The torch, olive branch, and oak branch on the reverse (tails) represent liberty, peace, and strength.
What year dimes are worth keeping?
1946–1964 Roosevelt Dimes Roosevelt dimes struck before 1965 are made from a 90% silver composition. They are worth a premium for their precious metal content. Most Roosevelt dimes from the 1946–1964 period are very common. Thus they are worth only their precious metal value if worn.
What are the rarest dimes?
Most Valuable Dimes: Comprehensive List for Collectors
- 1796 and 1797 Draped Bust Dimes. 1796 Draped Bust dime.
- Carson City Liberty Seated Dimes from the 1870s. 1872-CC Liberty Seated dime.
- 1894-S Barber Dime.
- 1916-D Mercury Dime.
- 1942/1 and 1942/1-D Overdate Mercury Dimes.
- 1982 No-Mintmark Roosevelt Dime.
How much is a 1957 dime no mint mark worth?
In uncirculated condition the price is around $4 for coins with an MS 63 grade. Uncirculated coins with a grade of MS 65 can sell for around $7. Proof coins with no mint mark are available and they are each valued at around $5 in PR 65 condition.
Does a 1957 dime silver?
The 1957-P Roosevelt Dime was made by the United States Mint. This coin was made out of silver (90%) so it does carry some precious metal value. Most coins melt price is around $1, depending on the current spot price of silver.
Why is Franklin D Roosevelt on the dime?
Franklin Delano Roosevelt isn’t just honored on the coin’s face because he was the 32nd president of the United States. After President Franklin Delano Roosevelt died in April 1945, the Treasury Department decided to honor him by placing his portrait on a coin.
What president is on dime?
Franklin D. Roosevelt
The dime is the United States’ 10-cent coin. The person on the obverse (heads) of the dime is Franklin D. Roosevelt, our 32nd president. He’s been on the dime since 1946.
What dimes are collectible?
These are the 20 most valuable dimes, and they are worth a combined $6.1 million.
- 1945 S Micro S Full Band Mercury Dime.
- 1860 Liberty Seated Dime.
- 1968 No S Roosevelt Dime Proof.
- 1856 S Seated Liberty Dime.
- 1844 Seated Liberty Dime.
- 1860 O Seated Liberty Dime.
- 1874 Seated Liberty Dime With Arrows Proof.
What dime is worth a million dollars?
The 1894-S Barber dime is a dime produced in the United States Barber coinage. It is one of the rarest and most highly prized United States coins for collectors, along with the 1804 dollar and the 1913 Liberty Head nickel. One was sold in 2005 for $1.3 million, and another for $1.9 million in 2007.
What kind of errors are on a dime?
Blank on both sides, these dime errors usually only reach values of a couple dollars. Off Center Strike— Off center strike coins feature an obverse or reverse image that did not align properly when getting struck. These coins are often misshapen and show areas of blank planchet.
How much is a 1964d double die dime worth?
It is known as the 1964D Double Die Reverse Error. Coins range from around $10 in Fine condition to around $75 in Mint State. Roosevelt Dime Proof Errors— There are several different Roosevelt Proof Dimes that contained errors.
Who was the designer of the 1947 silver dime?
1947 Silver Roosevelt Dime | Early in its production (1946-1964), Roosevelt Dimes were minted with a composition containing 90% silver. The designer of the dime is John R. Sinnock. His initials can be found on the lower part of Roosevelt’s neckline.
What’s the value of a no proof dime?
These are the dime errors you should be looking for — and their current value: 1 1942/1 Mercury Dimes — $625+ 2 1965 Silver Roosevelt Dime — $3,000+ 3 1968 No S Proof Dime — $20,000+ 4 1970 No S Proof Dime — $500+ 5 1975 No S Proof Dime — $450,000+ 6 1982 No Mintmark Dime — $75+ 7 1983 No S Dime — $500+