What a job specification should include?
Also known as employee specifications, a job specification is a written statement of educational qualifications, specific qualities, level of experience, physical, emotional, technical and communication skills required to perform a job, responsibilities involved in a job and other unusual sensory demands.
What is the job description of a youth worker?
Youth workers plan, organise and oversee community programmes aimed at young people. Youth workers work directly with children and young people, helping them to build life skills, develop healthy relationships and make decisions that are right for them.
What qualities do youth workers need?
What skills does a Youth Worker need?
- Commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives.
- The ability to act with integrity in times of stress.
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with a range of people.
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility.
What is job specification example?
A job specification outlines specific traits a person needs to do the job. Typically, that includes the qualifications, skills and personal traits you need to be successful. That means you’ll see things such as a general description of the job, specific duties, environment and location in the job description.
How do you create a job specification?
How to Write a Job Description
- Job Title. Make your job titles specific.
- Job Summary. Open with a strong, attention-grabbing summary.
- Responsibilities and Duties. Outline the core responsibilities of the position.
- Qualifications and Skills. Include a list of hard and soft skills.
- Salary and Benefits. Include a salary range.
What is important to perform the role of a youth worker?
YOUTH WORKERS PLAY THEIR PART TO PROTECT AND CARE FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE IN THEIR COMMUNITY BY SUPPORTING THEM TO PARTICIPATE IN THEIR COMMUNITY. THEY ALSO CONTINUOUSLY ADVOCATE FOR THE BEST INTERESTS OF YOUNG PEOPLE. Encourage young people to be positive role models themselves and contribute to their community.
What are the core values of youth work?
Youth work values
- Young people choosing to take part.
- Utilising young people’s view of the world.
- Treating young people with respect.
- Seeking to develop young people’s skills and attitudes rather than remedy ‘problem behaviours’.
- Helping young people develop stronger relationships and collective identities.
What are the 5 pillars of youth work?
Informal and non-formal learning supports wider learning, development and participation in society. This is underpinned by the five pillars of youth work in Wales7: empowering, educative, participative, inclusive and expressive.
How do you start a job specification?
10 tips for crafting highly effective job descriptions
- Get the job title right.
- Start with a short, engaging overview of the job.
- Avoid superlatives or extreme modifiers.
- Focus responsibilities on growth and development.
- Involve current employees in writing job descriptions.
- Create urgency for the position.
What should a job description look like?
The job description should accurately reflect the duties and responsibilities of the position. A job description contains the following components: job title, job purpose, job duties and responsibilities, required qualifications, preferred qualifications and working conditions.
What makes a good youth support worker?
There are essential attributes that all youth workers need – energy, patience and creativity are paramount. And now more than ever, a positive approach to collaboration with other organisations is key. This is especially true in the public sector, where resources are limited and services are being outsourced.
What is the most important characteristic of good youth work?
Objectivity: Great youth workers accept youth for who they are. They are able to look at youth through the eyes of youth. They understand their own biases and do not project their own view of the world onto young people. Attitude: Great youth workers always see youth as potential.
How to prepare a youth worker job description?
The work experience section of the youth worker resume can be prepared using information from the job description example shown above. All you need to do is to make sure the duties and responsibilities provided are tailored to meet your actual experience on the job.
Where can I find a youth care worker?
Try ZipRecruiter: Let our matching technology find qualified Youth Care Worker candidates for you. Our crisis intervention organization is looking for a Youth Care Worker to provide support to young kids in our care. We work with at-risk youth who suffer from mental health issues, eating disorders, and substance abuse.
What kind of skills do you need to be a youth care worker?
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Computer, Cisco Network Equipment, Project Coordination, and PC Technician. Participates in the assessment, goal setting and progress evaluation of children/youth. Teaching children/youth to relate in a socially appropriate manner through the use of daily routines and activities.
What do youth care workers do in Boys Town?
Utilizing the boys’ town model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with each youth’s individualized service plan often focusing areas such as independent living skills, social skills, personal hygiene, behavioral issues, and interaction with their peers.