- 1 How many state representatives are there in CT?
- 2 Who are CT state legislators?
- 3 How much does a state rep in CT make?
- 4 How do I contact my senator and representative?
- 5 Who are CT senators and representatives?
- 6 How many districts are there in Connecticut?
- 7 How many congressional districts are in Connecticut?
- 8 What does a state representative do?
- 9 How many state representatives are there?
- 10 How do I contact the House of Representatives?
- 11 How do you write a letter to a congressman asking for help?
- 12 Who is Connecticut Senator?
- 13 Who are CT State Reps?
- 14 How many House of Representatives does Connecticut have?
- 15 Who is the Governor of Connecticut?
How many state representatives are there in CT?
|Connecticut House of Representatives|
|Political groups||Majority Democratic (97) Minority Republican (54)|
|Length of term||2 years|
|Authority||Article III, Section 1, Connecticut Constitution|
Who are CT state legislators?
|Connecticut General Assembly|
|Senate President:||Susan Bysiewicz (D)|
|House Speaker:||Matthew Ritter (D)|
|Majority Leader:||Senate: Bob Duff (D) House: Jason Rojas (D)|
|Minority Leader:||Senate: Kevin C. Kelly (R) House: Vincent Candelora (R)|
How much does a state rep in CT make?
(Currently the annual base salary is $28,000 with the top leaders making $38,689, plus every house member gets $4,500 and each senator $5,500 for unspecified expenses.)
How do I contact my senator and representative?
Alternatively, you may phone the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request. If you have specific questions or comments about the design or functionality of this website, contact the webmaster directly.
Who are CT senators and representatives?
Richard Blumenthal (Democratic Party)
Chris Murphy (Democratic Party)
How many districts are there in Connecticut?
Connecticut is divided among five congressional districts from which citizens elect the state’s representatives to the United States House of Representatives. After the 2008 elections, all five of Connecticut’s representatives are Democrats.
How many congressional districts are in Connecticut?
What does a state representative do?
Also referred to as a congressman or congresswoman, each representative is elected to a two-year term serving the people of a specific congressional district. Among other duties, representatives introduce bills and resolutions, offer amendments and serve on committees.
How many state representatives are there?
States are represented in the House of Representatives in approximate proportion to their populations, with every state guaranteed at least one seat. There are currently 435 voting representatives.
How do I contact the House of Representatives?
U.S. House of Representatives
- Website: U.S. House of Representatives. House Committees.
- Contact: Contact the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Local Offices: Capitol Visitor Center.
- Main Address: U.S. House of Representatives.
- Phone Number: 1-202-224-3121.
- TTY: 1-202-225-1904.
- Government branch: Legislative.
How do you write a letter to a congressman asking for help?
Each letter should be:
- Direct. State your subject clearly in the email subject line or first sentence of the letter.
- Informative. Identify yourself as a constituent.
- Factual & Courteous.
Who is Connecticut Senator?
Who are CT State Reps?
Current representatives. Connecticut’s 1st district: John B. Larson (D) (since 1999) Connecticut’s 2nd district: Joe Courtney (D) (since 2007) Connecticut’s 3rd district: Rosa DeLauro (D) (since 1991)
How many House of Representatives does Connecticut have?
The Connecticut House of Representatives is the lower house in the Connecticut General Assembly , the state legislature of the US state of Connecticut. The house is composed of 151 members representing an equal number of districts, with each constituency containing nearly 22,600 residents.
Who is the Governor of Connecticut?
The current Governor of Connecticut is Ned Lamont