How do you use robust in a sentence?
Robust in a Sentence 🔉
- In order to be a fireman, one needs to be robust because fighting fires is a very difficult job.
- The robust athlete quickly recovered after his knee surgery.
- According to the physicians, both of the boxers are robust men who can easily handle the match.
What is a good sentence for vigilance?
(1) The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. (2) You should exercise extra vigilance about locking your car properly. (3) The birds cannot afford to relax their vigilance against predators. (4) We shouldn’t relax our vigilance at any time.
How do you use vigilant in a simple sentence?
Vigilant in a Sentence 🔉
- Although this highway is a beautiful drive, you have to stay vigilant for deer and other animals in the road.
- In the aftermath of the hurricane, the engineer had to stay vigilant as he looked far ahead for hazards on the track.
What does vigilance mean in a sentence?
/ˈvɪdʒ. əl.əns/ more careful attention, especially in order to notice possible danger: The police said that it was thanks to the vigilance of a neighbor that the fire was discovered before it could spread.
How do you use resilient in a sentence?
Resilient sentence example
- A diamond is the hardest, most resilient , most beautiful gem of all.
- She’s resilient to make it this far.
- Caoutchouc is a soft elastic resilient solid.
- The fish are resilient , withstanding pollution and climate change.
What is a robust woman?
1 adj Someone or something that is robust is very strong or healthy. More women than men go to the doctor.
What vigilance means?
Vigilance is the state of being watchful or alert for danger or some other kind of trouble. Vigilance is the noun form of the adjective vigilant, meaning watchful or alert.
What is known as vigilance?
In modern psychology, vigilance, also termed sustained concentration, is defined as the ability to maintain concentrated attention over prolonged periods of time.
Who is a vigilant person?
Use vigilant to describe someone who keeps awake and alert in order to avoid danger or problems. When taking the subway, be vigilant about your wallet — always know where it is, or someone might steal it from you.
What is vigilance example?
Vigilance is the state of constantly being watchful of potential dangers or threats. An example of vigilance is when a security guard is always on alert, waiting and watching for something to happen. The quality or state of being vigilant; watchfulness. Alert watchfulness.
What is an example of vigilant?
The definition of vigilant is watchful and alert. An example of something vigilant is a guard dog. On the alert, as for danger or error; watchful.
How is the word’vigilance’used in a sentence?
It is also required to maintain constant vigilance against external threats to the integrity and vitality of the body. During the opening stages of the Tour, the favourites repeat like a mantra the need for constant vigilance. These guys certainly show, in my mind, why they should be under constant vigilance.
When do you need to use extra vigilance?
Unfortunately, many strange market behaviors occasionally manifest that require extra vigilance. — Ivan Illán, Forbes, 26 May 2021 If travel includes visiting someone who is at high risk for serious illness — or who has an underlying issue that might make the vaccine less effective — that would require some extra vigilance.
Which is the best example of eternal vigilance?
eternal vigilance is the price of freedom. Recent Examples on the Web. Throughout the day, some parents at local swimming areas kept an especially close eye on their children, as public officials called for heightened vigilance following the spate of deaths.