How do I play a DSS file?
It is not possible to play DSS audio files with regular media players like VLC player and Windows Media Player. Since the format is a proprietary format and you first need to convert it to MP3 first. You can download and install the DSS Player Standard R2 or use Online DSS File Viewer to play it directly.
What is Olympus DSS Player?
The DSS Player Standard R2 has the ability to organize and archive dictation and transcription files for individual looking for a simple way to manage their files. This application is a single license installation designed for individual users. A license key for DSS Player for Mac is also included on the certificate.
How do I install Olympus DSS Player?
How to Download and Install the DSS Player Standard R2
- Download the “DSSPlayer_Standard_R211.
- Exit all other software applications.
- Right-click the downloaded “DSSPlayer_Standard_R211.
- Select the destination to extract the files and “Extract” to unzip.
- Execute “Setup.exe” in the extracted folder to run the Installer.
Is Olympus DSS Player free?
DSS Player Lite is a free piece of software that allows the playback of . DSS files. The software itself is designed to be very basic and doesn’t allow much other than playback.
How do I convert DSS files?
How to Convert DSS to MP3 with Switch Audio Converter
- Download Switch Audio Converter. Download Switch Audio Converter.
- Import DSS Files into the Program. Click on the green Add File(s) button, located in the main toolbar to open the file finder window.
- Choose an Output Folder.
- Set the Output Format.
- Convert DSS to MP3.
What is a DSS audio file?
Digital Speech Standard (DSS) is a proprietary compressed digital audio file format defined by the International Voice Association, a co-operative venture by Olympus, Philips and Grundig Business Systems. DSS was originally developed in 1994 by Grundig with the University of Nuremberg.
How do you convert DSS to mp3?
How to convert DSS to MP3
- Upload dss-file(s) Select files from Computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or by dragging it on the page.
- Choose “to mp3” Choose mp3 or any other format you need as a result (more than 200 formats supported)
- Download your mp3.
How do I download Olympus dictation?
How to download and install the ODMS R7 in the standalone mode with the Single User License.
- Download the “ODMSR741Setup.exe” to your computer.
- Exit all other software applications.
- Double-click the installer to begin download and installation.
- Follow the instructions on the installer to complete the installation.
How do I convert DSS files to mp3?
What is a DSS player?
The DSS Player for Mac is the software that allows users to record, playback, organize and edit dictation files. This Apple Macintosh software also allows secretaries or transcriptionists to transcribe dictations with a compatible OM Digital Solutions footswitch.
What programs play DSS files?
DSS files are generated by digital voice recorders or speech recognition software….How can I play a DSS file on Windows?
- Use Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Play DSS file on Media Player Classic – Home Cinema.
- DSS to Audio File Converters.
- Use WavePad Audio Editing Software.
How do you convert DSS to MP3?
What is the DSS player standard R2 software?
The DSS Player Standard R2 is the software that allows users to organize and archive dictation and transcription files in a simple way. This software is a single license installation designed for individual users.
What’s the refresh interval on the Olympus DSS player?
The automatic refresh interval is set to 10 minutes by default. This feature scrolls through audio devices on the PC. Dependant on which device is selected will determine which device the Olympus software will playback through.
What do you need to know about DSS player standard?
DSS Player Standard allows users to organize and archive dictation and transcription files in a simple way. This software is designed for individual users to small offices. CLIENT SIDE SOFTWARE – The Dictation and Transcription modules provide an intuitive user experience. Simple and efficient, from speech to text.
Can a DSS player be played on another PC?
The file with audio data embedded can be played on another PC that has DSS Player Standard installed. Opens the options settings, containing all the configuration details for the DSS Player Standard software. Downloads files from the connected device to the PC.