How do I fix a failed Windows 8 update?
Go to Control Panel > Windows Update > Troubleshoot. Let the Windows Update troubleshooter scan your computer for issues and fix any issues that it finds. Go to Control Panel > Windows Update > Check for updates. Download and install all of the updates available for your computer.
Why does Windows 8.1 update fail to install?
If your Windows Update has failed to install, you need to clean up the corrupted installation. If you do see it, then it may mean that it has been installed or that the installation is corrupted. In this case, see if you can uninstall it via the Control Panel > Installed Updates.
How do I fix error 0x80070013?
Clean the Windows Update temporary cache folder
- Hold windows-key and hit “R” key simultaneous.
- A small new window will appear.
- Type %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore and click OK.
- This will open Windows Explorer in the correct location.
- Delete all contents of this folder.
How do I force Windows 8.1 to update?
Install the update manually
- Make sure your PC is plugged in and connected to the Internet using a non-metered connection.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Windows Update.
- Tap or click Check now.
How do I fix a failed Windows update?
Methods to fix Windows Update failing errors
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool.
- Restart Windows Update related services.
- Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan.
- Execute the DISM command.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus.
- Restore Windows 10 from a backup.
What is error 0x80070013?
The 0x80070013 error code you get from Windows 10 indicates that you are trying to install a driver on your computer that is already installed, or you’re installing one that is less compatible with your hardware than the one that you already have.
Is Windows 8.1 still supported in 2021?
Update 7/19/2021: Windows 8.1 is long outdated, but technically supported through 2023. If you need to download an ISO to reinstall the full version of the operating system, you can download one from Microsoft here.
Is Windows 8.1 still updating?
Windows 8 has reach end of support, which means Windows 8 devices no longer receive important security updates. Beginning in July 2019, the Windows 8 Store is officially closed. While you can no longer install or update applications from the Windows 8 Store, you can continue using those already installed.