Why is my media player not playing?
If Windows Media Player stopped working correctly after the latest updates from Windows Update, verify that the updates are the problem by using System Restore. Select the Start button, and then type system restore. Select Create a restore point, and then in the System Properties pane, select System Restore.
How do I download Windows Media Player 12?
To do so, press Windows key + I to open Settings. Go to Apps > Optional features > Add a feature. Scroll down to Windows Media Player and select it. Click Install.
How do I add codecs to Windows Media Player 12?
In this article
- 1Double-click a video or audio file.
- 2Click the Web Help button.
- 3Click the WMPlugins link.
- 4Click the link to the codec download site.
- 5Click I Accept.
- 6Click the link to download the codec.
- 7When the download is done, click the Run button.
Why won’t Windows Media Player play my videos?
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the required video codec is not installed on your computer. Windows Media Player cannot play, burn, rip, or sync the file because a required audio codec is not installed on your computer. To determine if this codec is available to download from the Web, click Web Help.
How do I repair Windows Media Player 12?
What to Know
- To run MSDT, go to Start, enter msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic, and press Enter.
- Select Next > Apply This Fix > Close the troubleshooter.
- To run MSDT Tool in advanced mode, select Advanced and clear the Apply Repairs Automatically check box when starting MSDT.
Where do I find Windows Media Player?
To run Windows Media Player, choose it from the All Programs menu: Click the Start button and choose All Programs and then Windows Media Player. You might also find the Windows Media Player’s icon on the Quick Launch bar.
How do I find codecs for Windows Media Player?
You can configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automatically. To do this, open Tools > Options and click the Player tab. Select the Download codecs automatically check box, and then click OK. You can also download and install the codecs manually.
How do I find the codec for Windows Media Player?
How can I find out which codecs are installed on my PC? On the Help menu in Windows Media Player, select About Windows Media Player. If you don’t see the Help menu, select Organize > Layout > Show menu bar. In the About Windows Media Player dialog box, select Technical Support Information.
How do I reinstall Windows Media Center?
- Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features window, click Media Features to expand it, check the Windows Media Center box, click OK, and then restart your computer to complete the install.
How do I fix a corrupted Windows Media Player?
However, the database may become corrupted in such a way that Windows Media Player cannot recover the database.
- Click Start , click Run , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player , and then click OK .
- Select all the files in the folder , and then click Delete on the File menu.
- Restart Windows Media Player.
What kind of Windows is Windows Media Player 12?
Windows Media Player 12—available as part of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10*—plays more music and video than ever, including Flip Video and unprotected songs from your iTunes library!
How do I reinstall Windows Media Player 12?
After your PC has restarted, repeat step 1. Expand Media Features and select the Windows Media Player check box. Click OK and then restart your PC. This will reinstall the latest version of Windows Media Player for your system (Windows Media Player 12, with a few exceptions).
How to add Windows Media Player to Windows 10?
To do that, select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install. Enable Windows Media Player. DVD playback isn’t included. Go to the DVD playback for Windows page to find out how to add DVD playback to Windows 10. Windows 8.1
Is the Windows Media Player 12 compatible with Groove Music?
Microsoft recently released new version Groove Music is a move into incorporating both streaming and downloading, however. Windows Media Player 12 is not supported and no longer available for download from official Microsoft web site. On the other hand, you could find and download the complete releases Windows Media Player 12 below on this page.