What is UTM source for email?
What’s a UTM code? UTM codes, also called UTM parameters, allow you to see where traffic to your website is coming from and ultimately track the success of your various marketing initiatives including your email campaigns.
How do I use UTM source?
How to Build UTM Codes in HubSpot
- Navigate to your Analytics Tools.
- Open the Tracking URL Builder.
- Open the Tracking URL form to create a new UTM code.
- Fill in each attribute of your UTM code and click “Create.”
- Use the shortened link in your marketing campaign.
- Measure your success.
What is a UTM tracking link?
Urchin Tracking Module (UTM) codes are snippets of code — attached to the end of a URL — used to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns. They are also used to pinpoint specific sources of traffic to your website. UTM codes help you identify top-performing content based on your marketing goals.
How do I add UTM to my email?
There are basically two ways you can incorporate UTM codes into your emails. The first is by generating a UTM code for each email element and then copy-pasting the code manually. The second way is to use an email marketing tool that automatically creates and adds UTM parameters to your emails.
Is email a source or medium UTM?
These days, most analytics tools, marketing apps, marketing automation tools, and CRMs look for these parameters automatically. There are five standard parameters. UTM Medium: Think of this as a channel. Social, Organic, Paid, Email, Affiliates, are all core marketing channels that include multiple traffic sources.
How do I track UTM tags in Google Analytics?
Google Analytics UTM campaign parameters can be found in the Reports section under Acquisition>Campaigns>All campaigns. Just log into your Google Analytics platform and scroll down to your Acquisition Section.
How do I use UTM tracking in Google Analytics?
You can create UTMs using the Google UTM generator, then paste the links into your social media posts.
- Head to the Google Analytics Campaign URL builder.
- Enter the URL of the page you want to link to, then enter the values for the parameters you want to track.
How does UTM link work?
“UTM parameters are simply tags that you add to a URL. When someone clicks on a URL with UTM parameters, those tags are sent back to your Google Analytics for tracking.”
What are the 5 UTM parameters?
The five types of UTM parameters
- utm_source. This tag identifies the source of your traffic (Facebook, search engine, newsletter, Linkedin, etc.).
- utm_medium. This UTM code specifies the medium, like cpc or newsletter, for example.
What is UTM source code?
Definition: UTM codes are one of the ways to track performance from any digital marketing campaign. UTM or Urchin Tracking Module is a simple code that can be attached to any URL to generate Google Analytics data for digital campaigns. A common utilisation of a UTM code is to create a unique URL for each campaign.
How do I track UTM in Google Analytics?
How do I generate UTM codes in Google Analytics?
How to use UTM tracking codes
- Install Google Analytics on your website.
- Visit Google’s free Campaign URL Builder page.
- Insert the website URL and campaign information.
- Create a unique UTM tracking code (aka campaign URL) for every ad or link.
- Use the UTM tracking codes in your marketing campaigns.