- 1 What is there to do in Cold Spring NY this weekend?
- 2 What is there to do in Cold Spring NY in the winter?
- 3 Is Cold Spring NY Safe?
- 4 Is Cold Spring NY walkable?
- 5 Is Cold Spring NY worth visiting?
- 6 What is Cold Springs known for?
- 7 Is Cold Spring NY a suburb?
- 8 Is Cold Spring NY the same as Cold Spring Harbor?
- 9 Is Cold Spring worth visiting?
- 10 Where can I walk in Cold Spring NY?
- 11 Is Cold Spring the same as Cold Spring Harbor?
- 12 How far is Cold Spring New York from NYC?
- 13 What county is Cold Spring NY in?
- 14 How cold does NYC get?
- 15 What is the abbreviation for Cold Spring Harbor, NY?
What is there to do in Cold Spring NY this weekend?
10 Top-Rated Things to Do in Cold Spring, NY
- Ferry to Bannerman Castle. Bannerman Castle.
- Hike Breakneck Ridge Loop.
- Explore Stonecrop Gardens.
- Discover West Point Foundry Preserve.
- Get Wild in Hudson Highlands State Park.
- Picnic at Foundry Dock Park.
- Hike Bull Hill.
- Peruse Main Street.
What is there to do in Cold Spring NY in the winter?
12 Best Things to Do in Cold Spring, New York
- Stonecrop Gardens, Cold Spring, New York.
- West Point Foundry Preserve.
- Hudson Highlands State Park.
- Magazzino Italian Art, Cold Spring, New York.
- Bull Hill (Mt.
- The Chapel, Cold Spring, New York.
- Vera’s Marketplace and Garden Center.
- Moo-Moo’s Creamery, Cold Spring, New York.
Is Cold Spring NY Safe?
Cold Spring, NY crime analytics With an annual crime rate of only 2 per one thousand people, the chance of becoming a victim of crime here is just 1 in 487. These crime statistics put Cold Spring in the elite group of the safest communities in both New York and in the nation as a whole.
Is Cold Spring NY walkable?
Hop on Metro-North from Grand Central and take the Hudson line to Cold Spring Station. The station is right in the heart of Cold Spring’s walkable village which makes this an easy car-free getaway.
Is Cold Spring NY worth visiting?
Cold Spring, NY is a truly stunning example of what lies just outside of Manhattan and it’s a great choice for a weekend getaway. Just over an hour from NYC, its main street is lined with adorable boutiques, restaurants and speciality stores and plenty of things to do in Cold Spring NY.
What is Cold Springs known for?
Cold Spring is known for its antique shops. On your way back into town for supper, take a little time to peruse the local antique stores and curio shops that line Main Street. The Cold Spring Antique Center is a great place to stop and dive headfirst into the treasures of the past in the Hudson Valley.
Is Cold Spring NY a suburb?
Cold Spring is a town in New York with a population of 1,775. Living in Cold Spring offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Many retirees live in Cold Spring and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Cold Spring are highly rated.
Is Cold Spring NY the same as Cold Spring Harbor?
In the 20th century it became known as the site of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, although the laboratory itself is located in the adjacent village of Laurel Hollow in Nassau County, which was called Cold Spring before incorporation.
Is Cold Spring worth visiting?
Cold Spring is one of those towns. Tucked next to the river, the village is quietly cosmopolitan and an absolute delight to visit on a warm summer’s day. Just over an hour outside of Montclair, it’s a great getaway in any season! Read on to plan your Cold Spring outing.
Where can I walk in Cold Spring NY?
Best Walking Trails near Cold Spring, NY 10516
- Little Stony Point Park. 0.7 mi. Parks.
- Foundry Dock. 0.4 mi.
- Constitution Marsh Audubon Center And Sanctuary. 1.5 mi.
- Hudson Highlands State Park. 2.6 mi.
- Storm King State Park. 2.8 mi.
- Breakneck Ridge. 2.0 mi.
- Black Rock Forest Consortium. 2.9 mi.
- Arden Point and Glenclyffe Park. 2.8 mi.
Is Cold Spring the same as Cold Spring Harbor?
How far is Cold Spring New York from NYC?
Distance from Cold Spring, NY to New York, NY. The total distance from Cold Spring, NY to New York, NY is 49 miles. This is equivalent to 79 kilometers or 42 nautical miles.
What county is Cold Spring NY in?
Cold Spring is a village in the town of Philipstown in Putnam County, New York, United States. The population was 1,983 at the 2010 census. It borders the smaller village of Nelsonville and the hamlet of Garrison. The central area of the village is on the National Register of Historic Places as…
How cold does NYC get?
The climate of New York is continental, with cold winters and hot summers. The daily average temperature ranges from 0.5 °C (33 °F) in January to 24.5 °C (76 °F) in July.
What is the abbreviation for Cold Spring Harbor, NY?
The Standard Abbreviation (ISO4) of Cold Spring Harbor Protocols is “Cold Spring Harb.