- 1 What is the number one live album of all time?
- 2 What is the biggest selling live album ever?
- 3 What are the top 10 best-selling rock albums of all time?
- 4 Who is the best live rock band?
What is the number one live album of all time?
Frampton Comes Alive! is a double live album by English rock musician Peter Frampton released in 1976. It is one of the best-selling live albums in the United States….
|Frampton Comes Alive!|
|Released||January 6, 1976 (US) February 13, 1976 (UK)|
|Recorded||June 17, 1975 August 24, 1975 November 22, 1975|
What is the biggest selling live album ever?
Garth Brooks’ two-CD “Double Live” (Capitol Nashville) was certified for U.S. sales of 14 million copies in a January accounting by the Recording Industry Association Of America (RIAA), making it the.
What is considered the greatest rock album of all time?
Best rock albums of all time
- Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon. $9.99.
- Led Zeppelin – IV. $9.49.
- The Beatles – Abbey Road. $12.49.
- Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here. $12.99.
- Led Zeppelin – II. $10.00.
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Are You Experienced. $17.46.
- The Who – Who’s Next. $11.84.
- Queen – A Night At The Opera. $12.29.
What is considered the best live album ever?
Readers’ Poll: The 10 Best Live Albums of All Time
- The Rolling Stones – ‘Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out!
- Kiss – ‘Alive!
- Deep Purple – ‘Made In Japan’
- Little Feat – ‘Waiting for Columbus’
- Nirvana – ‘MTV Unplugged in New York’
- The Band – ‘The Last Waltz’
- Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band – ‘Live Bullet’
Which album was credited as being one of the greatest live?
1. Johnny Cash – At Folsom Prison (1968) For us, there is no better live album than Johnny Cash’s 1968 masterpiece At Folsom Prison.
Who is the greatest live performer of all time?
The 40 Greatest Live Acts of All Time:
- 8) Fleetwood Mac.
- 7) Coldplay.
- 6) The Rolling Stones.
- 5) U2.
- 4) Muse.
- 3) Bruce Springsteen.
- 2) Foo Fighters. The Greatest Live Acts of All Time – as voted by Absolute Radio listeners.
- 1) Queen. Winners of Absolute Radio’s Greatest Live Acts of All Time poll – the mighty Queen!
Who released the most live albums?
Excluding bootleg recordings, rock band the Grateful Dead (USA) have released 167 full-length live albums since 1969 – an incredible 150 of which have appeared since the Californian collective disbanded in 1995 due to the untimely death of singer/songwriter/guitarist Jerry Garcia (b. 1942).
What is Jimi Hendrix best live album?
1. Live At Monterey – 17/06/67. This legendary concert was where it all began for Jimi in his home country. His banter and free-spirited ways are on perfect display before sealing his fate with a charred-guitar, an iconic photo, and the most important squealing feedback ever recorded.
What are the top 10 best-selling rock albums of all time?
Check out the 50 best-selling albums of all time:
- Eagles — “Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975)”
- Michael Jackson — “Thriller”
- Eagles — “Hotel California”
- AC/DC — “Back In Black”
- The Beatles — “The Beatles” (“The White Album”)
- Billy Joel — “Greatest Hits Volume 1 & Volume 2”
- Led Zeppelin — “Led Zeppelin IV”
Who is the best live rock band?
The Top Live Bands Of All Time
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Getty Images.
- The Allman Brothers Band. Getty Images.
- Foo Fighters. Getty Images.
- Eagles. Getty Images.
- Deep Purple. Getty Images.
- Elvis Presley. Getty Images.
- Prince. Getty Images.
- Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers. Getty Images.
What is considered the greatest love song of all time?
Keep reading for a look at the greatest love songs of all time.
- “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele (2008)
- “Thinkin’ Bout You” by Frank Ocean (2012)
- “At Last” by Etta James (1960)
- “You Make Loving Fun” by Fleetwood Mac (1977)
- “September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire.
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston (1992)
Which is the best live album of all time?
Classic Rock Magazine’s ‘The 50 Greatest LIVE Albums Ever” 1 Thin Lizzy 2 AC/DC 3 Cheap Trick 4 Led Zeppelin 5 The Who 6 UFO 7 The Rolling Stones. ‘Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out!’: 8 KISS 9 Rush 10 Motörhead
When did the classic rock era start and end?
While there isn’t uniform agreement on exactly what era “classic rock” spans, it generally stretches from the mid-‘60s to sometime into the ‘80s so I eliminated post-‘80s albums (only two would have made the list: Nirvana’s Nevermind and Radiohead’s OK Computer ). Click on an album title to go to a more detailed page about that album.
Why did the band Columbus record a live album?
The notion to record a live album was pushed by their producer, Lowell George, whose flagging writing chops had alienated his bandmates. Columbus, however, demonstrated that the band was still a New Orleans-funk powerhouse, with energy and improv skills to spare, as demonstrated by “Dixie Chicken” and “Tripe Faced Boogie.”
Why did the feats record a live album?
It was released six months later to become the band’s best selling record, renewing the Feats’ credibility in the process. The notion to record a live album was pushed by their producer, Lowell George, whose flagging writing chops had alienated his bandmates.