What is assuage and example?
Assuage is defined as to make better or lessen. An example of something that a nurse might assuage is someone’s pain with the distribution of medicine. The definition of assuage is to fulfill the needs of. An example of something that you may assuage is your need for sleep.
What is an example sentence with assuage?
Assuage sentence example. I did what little I could to assuage my guilt. He tried to assuage the guilt of wrongdoing by doing right. He was able to assuage the bad feelings.
Whats does assuage mean?
transitive verb. 1 : to lessen the intensity of (something that pains or distresses) : ease unable to assuage their grief. 2 : pacify, quiet … vainly strove …
What is the synonym for assuage?
Some common synonyms of assuage are allay, alleviate, lighten, mitigate, and relieve.
How do you assuage?
verb (used with object), as·suaged, as·suag·ing.
- to make milder or less severe; relieve; ease; mitigate: to assuage one’s grief; to assuage one’s pain.
- to appease; satisfy; allay; relieve: to assuage one’s hunger.
- to soothe, calm, or mollify: to assuage his fears; to assuage her anger.
What placate means?
: to soothe or mollify especially by concessions : appease.
How do you use piety in a sentence?
Piety sentence example
- His face wore a calm look of piety and resignation to the will of God.
- In this capacity his sincere piety and amiable character gained him great influence.
How do you use circumspect in a sentence?
Circumspect Sentence Examples
- It was done in a circumspect manner.
- In this situation you need to be very circumspect about claiming interactions.
- He is equally circumspect on the issue of whether outside promoters will manage these tours.
- The circumspect approach to the ridge now loomed above him.
What word is opposite of assuage?
assuage. Antonyms: exasperate, excite, increase, stimulate, incite, provoke, inflame, embitter, aggravate. Synonyms: mitigate, soothe, console, soften, moderate, pacify, lenify, allay, ease, alleviate, abate, diminish, lessen, compose, appease, calm, tranquillize.
What part of speech is assuage?
|part of speech:||transitive verb|
|inflections:||assuages, assuaging, assuaged|
Is Assuade a word?
No, assuade is not in the scrabble dictionary.
What placate yourself mean?
: to soothe or mollify especially by concessions : appease. Other Words from placate Synonyms & Antonyms Choose the Right Synonym Soothe Yourself With the History of Placate Example Sentences Learn More About placate.