- 1 What does it mean to be forsworn?
- 2 How do you use forswear in a sentence?
- 3 What is the oath?
- 4 What is the Bible definition of forswear?
What does it mean to be forsworn?
1 : guilty of perjury. 2 : marked by perjury.
How do you use forswear in a sentence?
Forswear in a Sentence 🔉
- After Gail was beaten up by her boyfriend, she decided to forswear her loyalty and call the police.
- Hopefully the new treaty will forswear nations from obtaining nuclear weapons.
- As part of his New Year’s resolution, my father decided to forswear alcohol.
What do you mean by transmute?
transitive verb. 1 : to change or alter in form, appearance, or nature and especially to a higher form. 2 : to subject (something, such as an element) to transmutation.
What does beware for swear mean?
To make (oneself) guilty of perjury. To swear falsely; commit perjury. Idiom: be forsworn. To commit perjury.
What does it mean to forswear yourself?
1 : to make a liar of (oneself) under or as if under oath. 2a : to reject or renounce under oath.
What is the meaning of peize?
(peɪz) vb. Scot and Northern English to weigh.
What’s the definition of perjured?
: the voluntary violation of an oath or vow either by swearing to what is untrue or by omission to do what has been promised under oath : false swearing. Did you know? Example Sentences Learn More About perjury.
What is the meaning of human transmutation?
Attempts to bring deceased human beings back to life are the most common practices to be called Human Transmutation and play a significant role in the Fullmetal Alchemist series. In the 2003 anime, the results of Human Transmutation are different.
What is the meaning of Bewear?
verb (used with object) to be wary, cautious, or careful of (usually used imperatively): Beware such inconsistency. Beware his waspish wit.
What is the oath?
An oath is a solemn promise about your behavior or your actions. Often, when you take an oath, the promise invokes a divine being. For example, you might swear to God that something is true or swear on the Bible that something is true.
What is the Bible definition of forswear?
1 : to reject, renounce, or deny under oath. 2 : to renounce earnestly. intransitive verb.
Which is the best definition of the word forswearing?
1. a. To decide or declare that one will not or will no longer engage in (an activity or habit, for example): a political group that has forsworn violence. b. To decide or declare that one will not or will no longer use or be associated with (something): “He had cast in his lot with the lions and forsworn the lambs” (Robert Louis Stevenson).
What does the phrase I cannot forswear my principles mean?
I cannot forswear my principles recant stresses the withdrawing or denying of something professed or taught. if they recant they will be spared retract applies to the withdrawing of a promise, an offer, or an accusation. the newspaper had to retract the story Did you know?
Which is the modern equivalent of the Old English forswear?
Forswear (which is also sometimes spelled foreswear) is the modern English equivalent of the Old English forswerian.
Is the word abjure a synonym for forswear?
The word abjure is often used as a synonym of forswear, though with less emphasis on the suggestion of perjury or betrayal of the beliefs that one holds dear. She forswore her allegiance to the old regime.