- 1 How to fix Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable error?
- 2 What does c:\ Windows system32 config systemprofile Desktop is unavailable mean?
- 3 Where are Shellbags located?
- 4 Can I delete Ntuser DAT files?
Solution 2. Restore the Default Path
- Step 1: Launch File Explorer.
- Step 2: Find the “Desktop” folder, right-click it, and select “Properties”.
- Step 3: Switch to the “Location tab”.
- Step 4: Restart your PC and check if your problem is fixed on startup.
The “C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable” error might happen when your Desktop folder is corrupted. In this case, restoring the folder can fix your issue.
What is c:\ Windows system32 config systemprofile?
“C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, then try again.
Where is the Usrclass DAT file?
The USRCLASS. DAT file is typically located along a path like C:\Documents and Settings< user_name >\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass. dat or C:\Users< user_name >\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows. In Windows Explorer, right-click the NTUSER.
What do you do when your desktop is not available?
Third-party antiviruses – Tools like Avast and Norton are known to cause this error to occur so make sure you get rid of them.
- Solution 1: Use a Different User Account and Install the Latest Updates.
- Solution 2: Copy the Desktop Folder.
- Solution 3: Uninstall Problematic Antivirus Tools.
- Solution 4: System Restore.
How do I find my Desktop location?
The location of the Desktop folder in most versions of Windows is %USERPROFILE%\Desktop , which for most users becomes C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Desktop . However, this location can also be changed by programs installed on your computer and is a common feature amongst workspace-switching/multi-desktop utilities.
What do you do when your Desktop is not available?
How do I fix my desktop not accessible?
Access is denied.
- Desktop is not accessible.
- Running CMD as an administrator.
- Choose the option at the bottom for a non-Microsoft account.
- How to successfully restart ‘explorer.exe’
- Choose Upgrade This PC Now for an in-place upgrade.
- Opening Local Disk inside Thic PC.
- Reveal and open the Default folder.
Where are Shellbags located?
Shellbags are a set of subkeys in the UsrClass. dat registry hive of Windows 10 systems. The shell bags are stored in both NTUSER. DAT and USRCLASS.
Can I delete Ntuser DAT files?
You shouldn’t ever delete your NTUSER. DAT file. Because Windows depends on it to load your settings and preferences, removing it would corrupt your user profile. When you next log in, you’ll see a prompt that Windows can’t sign into your account.
How to fix desktop refers to a unavailable error?
Copy the Desktop folder path under Users to the target location Since the error prompts an incorrect and unavailable desktop location, simply find the desktop folder under Users, and then copy this necessary folder to the path: C:\\Windows\\system32\\config\\systemprofile so your system will pick up on your desktop.
What to do when system32 config desktop is unavailable?
When the issue – system32 config systemprofile desktop is unavailable Windows 10/8/7 happens, the system isn’t able to link to its default location. In this case, resetting the location can be helpful to help you out. 1. Press the Win + E keys at the same time on your keyboard to open Windows Explorer.
What does C : \\ Users \\% user% \\ desktop mean?
C:\\Users\\%user%\\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. . . . Get answers from your peers along with millions of IT pros who visit Spiceworks. C:\\Users\\%user%\\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. . . . This happened after i made a GPO for folder redirection.
When do I get the error ” location is not available “?
On a Windows 10, 8 or 7 based device the “Location is not available” error may be displayed whenever the user tries to access one or more personal folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc.) from their shortcuts in Windows Explorer. The full error message that is displayed is: ” Location is not available.