- 1 How do you cite the raisin in the sun in-text citation?
- 2 Are plays italicized MLA?
- 3 What is the plot of A Raisin in the Sun?
How do you cite the raisin in the sun in-text citation?
Hansberry, Lorraine. A Raisin in the Sun: A Drama in Three Acts. New York: Random House, 1959.
How do you cite a play in MLA format?
If the play is published as a stand-alone book, it looks the same as a standard MLA book citation….Book.
|Format||Author last name, First name. Play Title. Publisher, Year.|
|In-text citation||(Friel 57)|
How do you cite the raisin in the sun movie?
How to cite “A Raisin in the Sun” (movie)
- APA. Petrie, D. (1961). A Raisin in the Sun. Columbia Pictures.
- Chicago. Petrie, Daniel. 1961. A Raisin in the Sun. United States: Columbia Pictures.
- MLA. Petrie, Daniel. A Raisin in the Sun. Columbia Pictures, 1961.
Which of the citation is MLA style?
MLA format follows the author-page method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the page number(s) from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken must appear in the text, and a complete reference should appear on your Works Cited page.
How do you cite the Great Gatsby in MLA format?
MLA (7th ed.) Fitzgerald, F S. The Great Gatsby. New York: Scribner Paperback Fiction, 1995. Print.
When was A Raisin in the Sun written?
A Raisin in the Sun/Date written
Are plays italicized MLA?
Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
How do you cite a Theatre performance in MLA?
Title of Play. By Firstname Lastname, directed by Firstname Lastname, Production company, Date of performance, Theater, City. Performance.
How do you cite Harlem by Langston Hughes?
For example, to cite Langston Hughes’ poem, Dream Deferred, you would do the following: Hughes, Langston. “Dream Deferred (Harlem).” 101 Great American Poems (italicized).
What 4 things do proper MLA citations do?
- Help curious readers retrace your research steps.
- help you build your credibility and be more likely to win an argument.
- give credit to the people who’ve done the work you want to talk about.
- allow you to avoid a charge of plagiarism.
How do you cite F Scott Fitzgerald?
- MLA. Fitzgerald, F. Scott (Francis Scott), 1896-1940. The Great Gatsby. New York :C. Scribner’s sons, 1925.
- APA. Fitzgerald, F. Scott (Francis Scott), 1896-1940. ( 1925). The great Gatsby. New York :C.
- Chicago. Fitzgerald, F. Scott (Francis Scott), 1896-1940. The Great Gatsby. New York :C.
How do you cite A Raisin in the Sun?
Citing the Print Version a A Raisin in the Sun Login to Noodletools on the right side by entering your school email and clicking Sign in with Google If you have not done so, create a new project: name it, MLA style, junior level Change the tab to sources and click on +Create a new citation Then, choose Print or in hand > book
What is the plot of A Raisin in the Sun?
Plot Overview. A Raisin in the Sun portrays a few weeks in the life of the Youngers, an African-American family living on the South Side of Chicago in the 1950s. When the play opens, the Youngers are about to receive an insurance check for $10,000. This money comes from the deceased Mr. Younger’s life insurance policy.
What is a Raisin in the Sun book?
A Raisin in the Sun. Book Review Essay …A Raisin In The Sun, is a book about a family, well, one family in particular. The Younger family is a rather normal African American family. They all live together in a little apartment, and they all have many struggles to face daily.