How do you add points in Revit?
Click Modify | Edit Surface tab Tools panel Create From Import drop-down (Specify Points File). In the Open dialog, navigate to the location of the points file. In the Format dialog, specify the units used to measure the points in the points file (for example, decimal feet or meters), and click OK.
How do you add topography points from Autocad to Revit?
Create a 3D Toposurface from the inserted DWG file:
- Click the Toposurface tool on the Site tab of the Design bar.
- On the Design bar, click Use Imported > Import Instance.
- Select the DWG file.
- Select the layers to add points from.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish Surface.
How do you manipulate topography in Revit?
Add points for accuracy if needed.
- Click Modify | Topography tab Surface panel (Edit Surface).
- Click Edit Surface tab Tools panel (Simplify Surface).
- Open the site plan view and select the toposurface.
- Enter a value for surface accuracy, and click OK.
- Click (Finish Surface).
How do you add topography in Revit?
In Revit, link the topography to the current model as follows:
- Specify coordinates for the building model.
- Open a plan view or a 3D view for the building model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Topography).
- In the Link Topography dialog, navigate to the topography.
- Select the desired topography, and click Link.
What are Trimble points?
Trimble ® Field Points is designed for building construction contractors and engineers who need the ability to easily create 2D and 3D field points within their preferred design file.
How do you show survey points in Revit?
Display Coordinate Origin Points
- Open the desired view.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- On the Model Categories tab of the Visibility/Graphics dialog, scroll down to Site, and expand it.
- To display the project base point, select Project Base Point.
- To display the survey point, select Survey Point.
How do you show contour lines in Revit?
Use the Site Settings dialog to view or change site settings. To change site settings properties, click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel . Displays contour lines. If you clear the check box, custom contour lines still display in the drawing area.
How do I create a topo in AutoCAD?
You can can add contour lines to a raster-based surface in your map to create a contour or topographic map. You add contour lines to surface layers in Display Manager. In Display Manager , right-click a surface layer, and select Create Contour Layer.
How do you make a curved model in Revit?
Sketch a smooth curve that passes through or near specified points.
- Select a tool that allows for a spline.
- Click Place Lines tab (or respective Place tab or Create tab) Draw panel (Spline), and place the cursor in the drawing area.
- Click to specify the start point for the spline.
How do you extend topography in Revit?
Select the topography to edit. Click on Edit Surface. This will bring up the dots indicating the level points. Select a dot that is closest on the perimeter to where you want to extend the surface.