- 1 How do I show text instead of values in a pivot table?
- 2 Why is my pivot table not showing values correctly?
- 3 Can a pivot table show text instead of numbers?
- 4 Why does my pivot table count instead of sum?
How do I show text instead of values in a pivot table?
Excel: Reporting Text in a Pivot Table
- Select one cell in your data set and press Ctrl+T (or go to Home, Format as Table).
- By default, the new table will be called Table1.
- Select one cell in the table.
- In the Create Pivot Table dialog, choose the box for “Add this data to the Data Model.”
Why is my pivot table not showing values correctly?
Make sure that the slicer you insert is present in your pivot table filter area. Then only it will work properly. E.g If you insert a slicer for Employees Name, That field should exist in your pivot table filter area as well. The mismatch in values may occur due to change in format in which the data is stored.
How do I keep text format in a pivot table?
Setting to Preserve Cell Formatting
- Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and click PivotTable Options.
- On the Layout & Format tab, in the Format options, remove the check mark from Autofit Column Widths On Update.
- Add a check mark to Preserve Cell Formatting on Update.
- Click OK.
How do I convert text to a number in a pivot table?
You can also use Text to Columns to convert text to numbers:
- Select the range with the cells you want to convert to numbers.
- Click the Data tab in the Ribbon.
- Click Text to Columns. A dialog box appears.
- You continue through the wizard, but the easiest option is to click Finish in the first screen of the wizard.
How do I display text instead of value in Excel?
You can do this with custom format: Select cell A1, go to Format Cells->Number->Category->Customer and enter “Apple” in the Type field. Repeat the process for all other cells.
How do I change the values in a pivot table?
Answer:Select the Options tab from the toolbar at the top of the screen. In the Data group, click on Change Data Source button. When the Change PivotTable Data Source window appears, change the Table/Range value to reflect the new data source for your pivot table. Click on the OK button.
How do I fix values in a pivot table?
Follow these steps, to quickly rearrange the data into a normalized table:
- Select a cell in the 13-column table, and press Alt+D, and then press P, to open the PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard.
- In Step 1, select Multiple Consolidation Ranges, and then click Next.
How do I fix pivot table data?
Select any cell in the pivot table. On the Ribbon, under the PivotTable Tools tab, click the Analyze tab (in Excel 2010, click the Options tab). In the Data group, click the top section of the Change Data Source command. In the Change PivotTable Data Source dialog box, clear the Table/Range box.
How do I fix number format in pivot table?
Change Pivot Table and Chart Number Format
- In the pivot table, right-click on a cell in the value field.
- In the popup menu, click Value Field Settings, and then click the Number Format button.
- In the Format Cells dialog box, select the formatting that you want.
How do I stop pivot table from changing formatting?
Right-click a cell inside the pivot table. Select “Pivot Table Options…” from the menu. On the Layout & Format tab, uncheck the “Autofit on column widths on update” checkbox. Press OK.
Why can’t I convert text to numbers in Excel?
On the Tools menu, click Options. In the Options dialog box, click the Error Checking tab. In the Settings section, click to select the Enable background error checking check box. In the Rules section, make sure the Number stored as text rule is selected, and then click OK.
How do I convert cells stored as text to numbers?
Use Paste Special and Multiply Select the cells that have numbers stored as text. On the Home tab, click Paste > Paste Special. Click Multiply, and then click OK. Excel multiplies each cell by 1, and in doing so, converts the text to numbers.
Can a pivot table show text instead of numbers?
After all 3 condtional formatting rules have been applied, the pivot table will show all text in the Values area, instead of numbers. If necessary, widen the columns, to show the text. Values to Text Macro. If your pivot table has several numbers that you want to show as text, it will be easier to use a macro to apply the conditional formatting.
Why does my pivot table count instead of sum?
Also if you have a cell that is formatted as Text within your Values column, then it will also cause it to Count rather than Sum. This usually happens when you download data from your ERP or external system and it throws in numbers that are formatted as text e.g. 382821P
How do you add data to a pivot table?
Insert, Pivot Table. Choose “Add This Data to the Data Model” while creating the pivot table. Drag fields to the Rows and Columns of the pivot table. To add the text to the values area, you have to create a new special kind of calculated field called a Measure. Look at the top of the Pivot Table Fields list for the table name.
How to change region numbers to text in pivot table?
To change the region numbers to text, follow these steps to manually add conditional formatting: Select all the Value cells in the pivot table (B5:F8). NOTE: B5 is the active cell, and you can see its address in the NameBox On the Excel Ribbon’s Home tab, click Conditional Formatting Then click New Rule