- 1 How do I show posts on a page in WordPress?
- 2 How do I add a post to a subpage in WordPress?
- 3 How to add blog posts to pages in WordPress?
- 4 How to add posts to your static homepage in WordPress?
How do I show posts on a page in WordPress?
Firstly, login to your WordPress admin dashboard, then click on ‘Settings > Reading’. Next, select the “Your latest post” option under the ‘Homepage displays’ settings. After that, click on save changes. This is the easiest method of showing posts on your home page in WordPress.
How do I add a post to a subpage in WordPress?
To create a subpage #
- Go to Administration > Pages > Add New screen.
- In the right menu, click the “Page Parent” drop-down menu.
- Select the appropriate parent Page from the drop-down menu to make the current Page a child Page.
- Add content to the subpage.
- Click Publish when ready.
How do I add a blog post to my WordPress blog?
How to add a new blog post in WordPress
- Step 1: Log in to WordPress. Go to yoursite.com.au/wp-admin and log in with your username and password.
- Step 2: Create a new post.
- Step 3: Enter the title of your new post.
- Step 4: Enter body content.
- Choose a feature image.
- Select tags and categories.
- Hit publish!
How do I link my blog posts to a page in WordPress?
Open up the post that you want to edit, or create a new one. Find the text you want to use as the link’s anchor and highlight it. Then, click the ‘Link’ button which should appear in the first row of toolbar buttons. You can then copy and paste the URL you want to link to, or search for it, as in the block editor.
What is the difference between pages and posts in WordPress?
In a nutshell, pages are used for static content, whereas posts are for more timely content that is regularly updated. Depending on your website, you can have any combination of pages and posts.
How do I add a blog to my WordPress website?
How to add a blog to your website
- Add a new page in WordPress.
- Name the page.
- Publish the page.
- Navigate to the Settings section.
- Designate a Posts page.
- Determine the amount of posts you want.
- Write and publish your first post.
How do I categorize my WordPress blog posts?
Assigning Posts to Categories:
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
What is the difference between a blog post and page?
In a nutshell, pages are used for static content, whereas posts are for more timely content that is regularly updated. Depending on your website, you can have any combination of pages and posts. Both have their uses, so it’s worth understanding their relative strengths.
What is the difference between a blog post and a blog page?
Think of pages as your static content or “one-off” kind of content that will seldom need changing. This might for example be your About page, and is seen as timeless entities. Posts on the other hand are your blog entries or dynamic content that gets added regularly. Lets have a look at the two in more detail.
Should I use posts or pages in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. If you want to write a normal blog post, you should use a post. WordPress pages do not have a publish date and are meant for static, timeless content.
How do I post a blog on my website?
Write a new post
- Sign in to Blogger.
- Click New Post .
- Create the post. To check how your post will look when it’s published, click Preview.
- Save or publish your post: To save and not publish: Click Save. To publish: Click Publish.
Is a WordPress page a blog?
By default, WordPress displays your blog posts on the homepage. However, if you are making a business website or simply want to customize your homepage, then you may want a separate page for your blog section.
How to add blog posts to pages in WordPress?
In the WordPress admin, go to Pages > Add New. Create a new page called Home and add whatever content to it that you want to use on your home page. Click the Publish button to publish it. Then repeat this, creating another page called Blog.
How to add posts to your static homepage in WordPress?
1. Create a new static Page in WordPress. Title it whatever you’d like and add your content. This is going to be the content for your homepage. Save the page. 2. Create a new Post. Title it whatever you’d like (i.e. Blog), but leave the content area blank . Save the page.
How do I add a new page to my WordPress theme?
Don’t worry, I’ll give you the quick step by step for you now: Look in your theme folder for page.php – did you find it? If not, open index.php instead. Copy the contents of that file into a new file called page-stories.php. At the VERY TOP of that file, add this code: Congratulations, you’ve added a new page template to your WordPress theme.
Do you need a home page for a WordPress blog?
First, you need to create two pages in WordPress that you would like to use as your homepage and blog page. You don’t need to add any content to those pages, and you can even name them anything else if you want.