How do I find archive log list?
The following commands can be used to locate the Oracle archive logs:
- Issue the archive log list command: SQL> archive log list.
- Issue the show parameter command: SQL> show parameter db_recovery_file_dest.
- Query the v$archive_dest view: SQL> select dest_name, status, destination from v$archive_dest;
How do I check my backups in RMAN?
To display selected backups:
- Connect RMAN to the target database as described in “Connecting to the Target Database Using RMAN.”
- Use the LIST BACKUP or LIST COPY command to display the specified backups, both backup sets and image copies.
Where does the RMAN utility store the backups?
Oracle database flash recovery area
RMAN backups are created in the Oracle database flash recovery area (FRA) on disk. The FRA is a directory that contains online and archived redo logs, flashback logs, control files and image copies. When disk space is required for new backups, the Oracle database removes backups that are no longer needed to make room.
How do I list obsolete backup in RMAN?
To report obsolete backups:
- Start RMAN and connect to a target database and recovery catalog (if used).
- Execute the CROSSCHECK command to update the status of backups in the repository compared to their status on disk.
How do I list archive logs in RMAN?
RMAN List Command
- Database. The LIST command allows the backup data to be listed in the RMAN utility.
- Archive Logs. To list all archive logs use: RMAN> LIST ARCHIVELOG ALL;
- Backup sets.
- Datafile Image Copies.
- Controlfile Image Copies.
Where are the archive logs in Oracle?
Automatic archiving is enabled. The archived redo log destination is D:\oracle\oradata\IDDB2\archive. The oldest filled redo log group has a sequence number of 11160. The next filled redo log group to archive has a sequence number of 11163.
Where are RMAN backup logs?
There’re 3 ways to reserve RMAN log location for you to trace:
- OS Level. Just piping output to a file and show it in the console as well by using tee.
- Command Level. Using the RMAN keyword LOG to specify the Location of RMAN Output, but the output will not show on you console.
- Statement Level.
How does RMAN improve backup time?
You can improve backup performance by adjusting the level of multiplexing, which is number of input files simultaneously read and then written into the same RMAN backup piece. The level of multiplexing is the minimum of the MAXOPENFILES setting on the channel and the number of input files placed in each backup set.
How do I delete obsolete archive logs in Oracle?
It will crosscheck the archivelog files with RMAN repository deleted files status changed to expired in RMAN repository. Then issue below command to remove from the RMAN repository. RMAN> delete noprompt expired archivelog all; this command will remove the files without prompting the Yes or no.
What is the difference between expired and obsolete backup?
A status of “expired” means that the backup piece or backup set is not found in the backup destination. A status of “obsolete” means the backup piece is still available, but it is no longer needed.
How do I know if archive logs are applied to standby database?
When querying the v$archived_log view for log_archive_dest_2 we can check what files are applied on the standby:
- select dest_id , sequence# , applied.
- from v$archived_log.
- where dest_id = 2.
- and sequence# > ( select max(sequence#) – 10 from v$archived_log )
- order by sequence#
- DEST_ID SEQUENCE# APPLIED.