- 1 How do I create a Doxygen comment?
- 2 What is Doxygen format?
- 3 What can I do with doxygen?
- 4 How do I know what version of doxygen I have?
- 5 How to generate a comment stub in Doxygen?
- 6 How to mark a comment as a description in Doxygen?
How do I create a Doxygen comment?
Adding Documentation Comments Code::Blocks inserts a Doxygen block comment starting with /**. Doxygen knows that this comment belongs to the function definition that immediately follows. Doxygen keywords start with a (backslash). The brief keyword flags the brief description of the function.
What is Doxygen format?
Doxygen (/ˈdɒksidʒən/ DOK-see-jən) is a documentation generator and static analysis tool for software source trees. When used as a documentation generator, Doxygen extracts information from specially-formatted comments within the code.
Where do Doxygen comments go?
The common sense tells that the Doxygen comment blocks have to be put in the header files where the classes, structs, enums, functions, declarations are.
How do I document Doxygen?
In order to generate doxygen based documentation, you need to follow four steps:
- have the doxygen executable installed on your computer (this is already done on our DESY machines)
- document your code.
- create a configuration file.
- run doxygen to create the documentation (HTML or LaTeX based).
How do I know what version of Doxygen I have?
Doxygen will create a folder called “docs/apidocs” in your root PALISADE directory. If you go to the “html” folder there and open up index. html, you will access the HTML version of the documentation.
How do I use Doxygen on Mac?
- To install doxygen, run the following command in macOS terminal (Applications->Utilities->Terminal) sudo port install doxygen Copy.
- To see what files were installed by doxygen, run: port contents doxygen Copy.
- To later upgrade doxygen, run: sudo port selfupdate && sudo port upgrade doxygen Copy.
What can I do with doxygen?
Doxygen can help you in three ways:
- It can generate an on-line documentation browser (in HTML) and/or an off-line reference manual (in ) from a set of documented source files.
- You can configure doxygen to extract the code structure from undocumented source files.
How do I know what version of doxygen I have?
Can I configure doxygen from the command line?
Doxygen is a command line based utility. Calling doxygen with the –help option at the command line will give you a brief description of the usage of the program. All options consist of a leading character – , followed by one character and one or more arguments depending on the option.
How do you use a doxygen GUI?
Once the configuration file is saved and the working directory is set, you can run doxygen based on the selected settings. Do this by switching to the Run tab, and click the “Run doxygen” button. Once doxygen runs you can cancel it by clicking the same button again.
How do I update my doxygen?
If you have a configuration file generated with an older version of doxygen, you can upgrade it to the current version by running doxygen with the -u option. All configuration settings in the orginal configuration file will be copied to the new configuration file. Any new options will have their default value.
How do I use doxygen C++ on Windows?
How to setup doxygen windows
- Run the executable doxygen-1.8.
- Click Next, then “Accept the agreement”.
- Specify the path for installation.
- Select “Full Installation” (default option) and click “Next”.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is done, click Next, and then Finish.
How to generate a comment stub in Doxygen?
Doxygen To switch to Doxygen, type “Doxygen” in the Ctrl+Q search box, or go to Tools > Options > Text Editor > C/C++ > > General, and choose your preferred documentation style: Once specified, you can generate the comment stub by typing the respective “///” or “/**” above a function, or by using the (Ctrl+/) shortcut.
How to mark a comment as a description in Doxygen?
There are several ways to mark a comment block as a detailed description, so that this comment block is parsed by Doxygen and added as a description of the following code item to the documentation. The first and most common one are C style comments with an extra asterisk in the comment start sequence, e.g.:
Is there support for Doxygen in Visual Studio?
Whether you’re using Doxygen or XML Doc Comments, Visual Studio version 16.6 Preview 2 provides automatic comment stub generation as well as Quick Info, Parameter Help, and Member List tooltip support. By default, the stub generation is set to XML Doc Comments.
How to skip single line format in Doxygen?
To skip the single line format, use ‘/*!’. Header can be created by writing ‘/**’ in the first file line, and all other, directly before the wished member. The plugin settings are under Tools -> Options -> Doxygen. In the pages Header, Function and Default are the customizable formats.