How do I borrow books from the Hawaii Library?
- From the list of books, click on the title you would like to borrow.
- Click on the PLACE HOLD button on the right.
- Fill in your library barcode and PIN and click on LOGIN.
- Select the location of the library that you want to pick up the book.
- Click on the Place Hold(s) button.
How do I borrow books from the library online?
When the book becomes available, you’ll get a notification email.
- Go to your public library’s website.
- Look for the “eBooks” section of the page.
- If required, select OverDrive as the service that you’d like to use to browse books.
- Find a book that you’re interested in and click Borrow.
Is Manoa library open?
As the Hawaii State Public Library System begins to reopen in a safe and healthy manner, the following temporary hours will be in place for providing services….Island of Oahu.
How many libraries are in Hawaii?
The Hawaii State Public Library System is the only statewide public library system in the United States. We have 51 branches throughout 6 islands….All 51 branches.
|Molokai||Molokai Public Library||808-553-1765|
|Oahu||Hawaii State Library||808-586-3500|
|Oahu||Library for the Blind and Print Disabled||808-733-8444|
How do I renew an ebook from the library?
How to renew digital titles
- In your library’s digital collection, select. to go to your Loans page.
- Select the Renew button under the title you’d like to renew.
- Choose an option for the length of the renewal (if available).
- After you renew the title, you’ll see the new due date and options to open or download it.
Are Hawaii libraries open yet?
As the Hawaii State Public Library System begins to reopen in a safe and healthy manner, the following temporary hours will be in place for providing services. SPECIAL NOTE: The Hawaii State Library is not open for walk ins, but is open for Library Take Out service at the door.
Is there a free online library?
Yes, there are some online libraries where you can borrow for free such as Open Library, JSTOR, OverDrive, Google Books, Amazon Books, Scribd etc.
Where can I borrow books for free?
Some websites let you download or borrow e-books for free for a limited amount of time. Amazon’s BookLending.com and Lendle let you borrow and lend Kindle titles for 14 days. You can get free e-books to keep forever at Open Library, Project Gutenberg, Free-ebooks.net and Google’s Reader Store.
What time does the UH Manoa library close?
|1 8:00a – 6:00p|
|3 Noon – 10:00p||4 8:00a – 10:00p||8 8:00a – 6:00p|
|10 Noon – 10:00p||11 8:00a – 10:00p||15 8:00a – 6:00p|
|17 Noon – 10:00p||18 8:00a – 10:00p||22 8:00a – 6:00p|
Is MD Anderson Library open to public?
University of Houston Libraries is open to the public and to UH alumni. Once access controls have been fully implemented, visitors will check in at the visitor management desk. You will be required to present a photo ID and will be given a temporary visitor card for access.
When was Hawaii made a state?
August 21, 1959
Can you extend OverDrive eBooks?
OverDrive offers the option to renew both eaudiobooks and ebooks. The option to renew a title becomes available three days (72 hours) before the title is set to expire, appearing next to the title on your Bookshelf under your library Account.