- 1 Can you make an automatic obsidian farm?
- 2 How is obsidian made IRL?
- 3 How do you farm obsidian?
- 4 How do you make a simple obsidian generator?
- 5 How long does it take to mine crying obsidian?
- 6 How do you make obsidian cry?
- 7 How hard is obsidian in real life?
- 8 How is Obsidian made in Minecraft IndustrialCraft 2?
- 9 What kind of blast resistance does obsidian have?
- 10 What’s the easiest way to get obsidian in Minecraft?
- 11 How many obsidian blocks do you need to make a portal in Minecraft?
Can you make an automatic obsidian farm?
Minecraft: Making an automated obsidian farm Dig a hole three blocks wide and one block deep. Surround this hole with non-flammable blocks such as dirt, cobblestone, iron, andesite, etc. Use water buckets to create a water flow that enters the 1×3 hole. Make sure this piston faces inward as well.
How is obsidian made IRL?
Obsidian (/ˌɒbˈsɪdiən/; /əb-/) is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed when lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimal crystal growth. Together with rapid cooling, this results in a natural glass forming from the lava.
How do you farm obsidian?
One of the easiest ways to obtain obsidian is to find a lava pool, pour water on it, and then mine with a diamond pickaxe. It is also sometimes possible to find lava pools which have been naturally converted to obsidian by waterfalls. When mining in this way, the top layer of obsidian usually has lava underneath it.
How do you make a simple obsidian generator?
- Pour water on top of the still lava that fills lava lakes.
- Pour lava into a mold, as shown in Figure 3.12, and then place water on top to form obsidian in the final desired shape.
How long does it take to mine crying obsidian?
|Breaking time [A]|
How do you make obsidian cry?
How to get Crying Obsidian in Survival Mode
- Find Ruined Portal. First, you need to find a Ruined Portal in your Minecraft world.
- Locate a Block of Crying Obsidian.
- Hold a Diamond or Netherite Pickaxe.
- Mine the Crying Obsidian.
- Pick up the Crying Obsidian.
How hard is obsidian in real life?
That’s because obsidian is glass, and rather than being super tough, it’s brittle, shattering easily. Obsidian forms sharp edges because of its chemical structure. It’s incredibly hard, and unlike crystalline minerals, which tend to cleave along their structural lines, obsidian has no crystalline structure.
How is Obsidian made in Minecraft IndustrialCraft 2?
Obsidian is a vanilla Minecraft block, known for its high blast resistance of 6,000. IndustrialCraft 2 lowers its blast resistance to 60. It is made when flowing water meets a lava source block. It can also be made using an Igneous Extruder from Thermal Expansion .
What kind of blast resistance does obsidian have?
The main article can be found at Minecraft Wiki: Obsidian. Obsidian is a vanilla Minecraft block, known for its high blast resistance of 6,000. IndustrialCraft 2 lowers its blast resistance to 60.
What’s the easiest way to get obsidian in Minecraft?
The simplest way to obtain obsidian is to find lava and “drench” it with water to convert it into obsidian. Before Version 1.17, this was not a renewable method of farming obsidian, since lava was not a renewable resource.
How many obsidian blocks do you need to make a portal in Minecraft?
Whenever a Nether Portal is created (to or from the Nether), a destination portal can be created. This will be made of at least 14 blocks of obsidian, but the four corner blocks can be mined without affecting the portal proper. If created in midair, the portal can generate with four more blocks as ledges, which can also be mined.